Wednesday 18 January 2012

Mill Run in January


Hi, it's Chester.

Here is my take….

January is the toughest yet most exciting month of the year for Ontario Golfers.  The excitement of Christmas and New Years has passed and golf in Ontario is still 2 ½ to 3 months away.  January is pretty tough on us Ontario Golfers, but there are a few things that can help make the time pass quickly, and the start of the Golf Season get here quicker.

The buzz of the start of the PGA season and the launch of all of the latest and greatest in equipment, golf balls, gadgets and apparel is in full swing.  As well most of those winter golf getaways that are planned by many Ontario Golfers are fast approaching.  I know it helps me pass the time quickly when I watch the great PGA events during the deep freeze of winter and do my research on all of the new equipment.  Unfortunately I am not getting away this year for a golf vacation, very envious of all of you that will be.

PGA Tour Season….
Well say good bye to Hawaii and hello to California.  The next couple of tour stops are in sunny California, then off to one of the most boisterous crowds of the year in Scottsdale Arizona.  Is it a coincidence that the liveliest crowd of the year is on the same weekend as the Super Bowl?  I think not.  Click this link to have a look at the shots of the week from the 2011 Waste Management Phoenix Open. The early season stop that I am looking forward to the most is the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am; it looks to be the first tournament of the year for Tiger.  I am very interested to see what Tiger has in store for golf fans (on the course that is) in 2012.  If you ask me, I say he wins 3 events with one of them being a major.

What’s New in Equipment….
The New RAZR Fit - Available on Feb 17
All of the latest and greatest in equipment is introduced just in time for the Annual PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando in late January.  Here is a little preview of some of the Drivers to keep your eyes on from Golf Digest’s 2012 HOT LIST GOLD.  For the complete list of all clubs on the list click this link.  Remember that just because it is January that does not mean that you can’t think of putting that new driver in your bag.  Feel free to get in touch with me and I can help you make your decision.  The best way to figure it out is to get a professional fitting.  I have the opportunity to book you a fitting appointment at the Callaway Fit Center.  Future blogspots will feature what fairways woods, irons, wedges, putters & golf balls to keep your eyes on as well.

My picks from the Golf Digest 2012 HOT LIST GOLD
  • Callaway RAZR Fit Driver – I’ve got this one in my bag and can’t wait to hit it!
  • Titleist 910D2 Driver
  •  Titleist 910D3 Driver
  • Ping G20 Driver
  • TaylorMade RocketBallz Driver

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon,

Chester Morin, DIrector of Golf at Mill Run Golf Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment